Dream Act – Dallas Deferred Action Attorneys
DREAM ACT – Deferred Action
On June 15, 2012, President Obama announced his Dream Deferred Action program which will allow certain young people or “DREAMers” to stay in the US and allow them the ability to obtain a two (2) year work permit. This action by the Department of Homeland Security stops the unjust deportation of promising youth.
At London & London, we know how to successfully navigate through the immigration system. We are here to help answer all of your questions regarding the DREAMer’s Deferred Action law and to help see if you qualify.
To be eligible for deferred action, individuals must:
- Have come to the United States under the age of sixteen (16);
- Have continuously resided in the United States for at least five years preceding June 15, 2012 and are present in the United States on June 15, 2012;
- Currently be in school, have graduated from high school, have obtained a general education development certificate, or are honorably discharged veterans of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States;
- Have not been convicted of a felony offense, a significant misdemeanor offense, multiple misdemeanor offenses, or otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety;
- Not be above the age of thirty (30).